Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Western Conference Semifinals: LA Galaxy vs SJ

Western Conference Semifinals
    1st Leg:
    LA Galaxy vs SJ Earthquakes

Sunday, November 4, 2012
    The Home Depot Center
    Kick-off: 6:00 p.m

In dramatic fashion the Galaxy advanced to the Western Conference Semifinals this Thursday night by defeating the Vancouver Whitecaps in the Knockout Round. Trailing for most of the game, Mike Magee and Landon Donovan scored a goal each in a span of five minutes to turn the game around in the Galaxy’s favor. With the win, the Galaxy will now face the San Jose Earthquakes in a home-and-away series that will determine which team advances to the Western Conference Final.

The Earthquakes were the only team in the Western Conference who did not suffer a defeat against the Galaxy in the regular season. The Galaxy had two losses against the Earthquakes, both after giving up two-goal leads. In their final meeting the Galaxy and the Earthquakes played to a 2-2 draw.

The Galaxy will be on short rest when they face San Jose on Sunday, and might be missing some players due to injury. AJ DeLaGarza, Sean Franklin, and Christian Wilhelmsson all missed the game on Thursday due to injury, and Juninho had to be replaced in the second half with what is reported to be an Achilles injury. Franklin is expected to be back Sunday, while staff is hopeful Juninho will be available for Sunday’s game as well.

Here’s how the LA Galaxy and SJ Earthquakes finished the regular season:

LA Galaxy:
    54 points, 59 GF, 47 GA
    16-12-6, 4th in Western Conference
    Home Record: 10-6-1
    Away Record: 6-6-5

SJ Earthquakes:
    66 points, 72 GF, 43 GA
    19-6-9, 1st in Western Conference
    Home Record: 10-1-6
    Away Record: 9-5-3

i trust in stephens and sarvas

By the way, has anyone told you lately that these write ups are awesome?

Franklin and Chippen out for sundays match.. dam! juni is ok for sunday tho

I think Omar on Lenhart was a good match up. "Armchair Analyst" noted that int he first half of the last match, Lenhart didn't make one header. In the second half, Lenhart moved out to the sides away from Omar, and that's when Lenhart almost immediately help with SJ's first goal.

I hope AJ can play, because he should be glued to Wondo.

If we can neutralize those two guys this way, it would be up to Sarvas, Backham, Donovan and Magee to hold down the mid field and serve up to Keane and ... Buddle. Which is pretty disappointing considering it was the link up of Donovan and Keane that lead to the mid-season 2-goal lead LAG wasted in SJ.

Quote Originally Posted by duckhunt317 View Post
    By the way, has anyone told you lately that these write ups are awesome?
    Ha, thank you.

I don't think SJ will have 10 people defending the whole time like the 'Caps did, it'll be a more physical series. Franklin and Wilhelmsson are questionable and AJ remains out, Meyer and Omar have a lot of work to do.

Hopefully Juninho's good to go. Also, doubt we'll see Jimenez at rb again. The goal is not to be blamed on him, but he was playing out of position in a pretty big game. Maybe too much pressure.

Also, Magee is doing what Magee did in (late) 2011. Good news.

I have a feeling there is going to be at least one red card this game. All three of the matches this year have been crazy physical and san ho and the galaxy hate each other. the refs will probably be briefed to keep this game tight, which means a lot of booking

My prediction:

Around minute 65 of a 2-2 tie game Robbie Keane will lose it and stab Lenhart in the neck. Acting as if he's trying to hold him back Omar will grab Keane front behind, only two spin 180 and throw him directly at Busch, who he'll promptly stab in the neck.

Meanwhile, Beckham and Juninho will use the distraction Keane and Omar are causing and do an old-school beatdown of Chavez. All this will be too much for Wondo to take and he'll forget to remind himself to breathe, dropping dead on the spot.

While that's going on the RSL and Sounders team planes will have inexplicably both taken long detour over LA. Slamming into each other they will plummet into section 116. The gultras, having removed their flame resistant shirts, will burst into flames driven by their own body fat. Survivors will try to flee the scene only to be shot in the head by LA County Sheriffs for leaving their section on the stadium.

There will be 5 seconds of stunned silence from section 121....

...who will then lead the entire stadium in the most epic "This is LA" anyone has ever heard.

Final score, LA 724, Douchebags 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba71 View Post
    My prediction:

Around minute 65 of a 2-2 tie game Robbie Keane will lose it and stab Lenhart in the neck. Acting as if he's trying to hold him back Omar will grab Keane front behind, only two spin 180 and throw him directly at Busch, who he'll promptly stab in the neck.

Meanwhile, Beckham and Juninho will use the distraction Keane and Omar are causing and do an old-school beatdown of Chavez. All this will be too much for Wondo to take and he'll forget to remind himself to breathe, dropping dead on the spot.

While that's going on the RSL and Sounders team planes will have inexplicably both taken long detour over LA. Slamming into each other they will plummet into section 116. The gultras, having removed their flame resistant shirts, will burst into flames driven by their own body fat. Survivors will try to flee the scene only to be shot in the head by LA County Sheriffs for leaving their section on the stadium.

...who will then lead the entire stadium in the most epic "This is LA" anyone has ever heard.

this shit had me dying lmao hahaha...

My prediction:

this shit had me dying lmao hahaha...

hahahahahahhahahhahahahhahahaha good one
    "i come in peace, i didnt brig artillery, but i am pleading with you with tears in my eyes; IF YOU FUCK WITH ME, I'LL KILL YOU ALL"........USMC GEN JAMES MATTIS

no more buddle bs .. go with what works bruce. LD and Robbie paired up top.

Die goonies die !!!!!!!!
    -bansky

Western Conference Semifinals: LA Galaxy vs SJ

My prediction:

ROFl!!!!!!fuck that was funny.