Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

WCF: LA Galaxy vs Seattle Sounders (11/11)

Western Conference Final
    LA Galaxy vs Seattle Sounders

Sunday, November 11, 2012
    The Home Depot Center
    Kick-off: 6:00 p.m

The champions are still alive. On Wednesday night the LA Galaxy went into Buck Shaw Stadium, where the Earthquakes were undefeated the whole season, and advanced to the Western Conference Final after defeating San Jose 3-1 (3-2 on aggregate).

Robbie Keane led the way for the Galaxy with a brace. Voted the Galaxy’s Most Valuable Player during the regular season, the Irishman had the Galaxy up 2-0 35 minutes into the game. Mike Magee would come up huge once again for the Galaxy, scoring in the 39th minute what would eventually be the goal that put LA in the Conference Final. Magee’s goal was his fifth in seven playoff games since last year.

For the fourth consecutive season the LA Galaxy will be playing in the Western Conference Final. In 2009 and 2011 the Galaxy advanced to the MLS Cup Final, missing 2010’s after a defeat to Dallas. This year’s format has changed, and like the conference semifinals, the winner will be determined after a home-and-away series.

For the first time in their history the Seattle Sounders have made it past the Western Conference Semifinals. After three seasons of getting eliminated in the first round, one of those against the Galaxy, the Sounders will be a step closer to the MLS Cup Final. Seattle edged Real Salt Lake 1-0 to move on and face the Galaxy.

The LA Galaxy and Seattle Sounders met three times in the regular season, with the Sounders taking two of those games. The two games played at CenturyLink Field were won by the Sounders, 4-0 and 2-0 the final scores. The Galaxy was victorious in the game played at the Home Depot Center, with the game-winning goal scored by Mike Magee.

When playing at the Home Depot Center, the Sounders have not defeated the Galaxy since August 15, 2009. The Sounders had not recorded a victory against LA since that same game, but that changed this season, when after six meetings between the two Seattle finally managed to take three points against LA.

Scoring one goal was enough to put the Sounders in the Conference Final against the Galaxy. The Sounders did not concede in the series against RSL, while the Galaxy allowed three goals in the knockout round against the Whitecaps and series against San Jose. The offense, like most of the season, is helping the Galaxy get through games. While the defense has been improving game by game, none of the other teams remaining in playoffs scored as many goals as the Galaxy did the entire season. In playoffs so far, the Galaxy has five goals, more than any other.

Regular Season:

LA Galaxy:

54 points, 59 GF, 47 GA
    16-12-6, 4th in Western Conference
    Home Record: 10-6-1
    Away Record: 6-6-5

Seattle Sounders:
    56 points, 51 GF, 33 GA
    15-8-11, 3rd in Western Conference
    Home Record: 11-4-2
    Away Record: 4-4-9

THIS IS LA!

Any word on AJ?

Quote Originally Posted by Metal_Avenger View Post
    Any word on AJ?
    No idea.

Meyer has done great stepping in for him. He's looking more comfortable and confident out there than he did earlier in the season. He'll definitely take over Omar's spot once he moves on.

But no word on AJ yet.

damn 4th consecutive Western Conf. Final. I think the experience has been our advantage so far in the last 2 series.

Quote Originally Posted by acosta19 View Post
    No idea.

Meyer has done great stepping in for him. He's looking more comfortable and confident out there than he did earlier in the season. He'll definitely take over Omar's spot once he moves on.

But no word on AJ yet.
    idk if id wanna mess with the back line the way theyve been holding up. sure AJ's been our main man up until his injury, but dont think he'll get a start even if he was ready to go. then again, what do i know.
    -bansky

Quote Originally Posted by acosta19 View Post
    No idea.

But no word on AJ yet.
    4th straight to their 1st. i think nerves will get to them.
    -bansky

RSL did a good job defending against Seattle. If that goal didn't go in we're talking extra time/pk's an possibly a Galaxy-RSL game. Our defense has to be on top of things once again.

LAG needs to run up goals tomorrow because we're going to be dropping them up in Seatown. That stadium blows.
    LA Galaxy
    Sheffield Wednesday

WCF: LA Galaxy vs Seattle Sounders (11/11)

We gotta put in more than a few goals at home.

Quote Originally Posted by MotorJohn View Post
    We gotta put in more than a few goals at home.
    Oh yea! Even if we win 2-1 I think we could be in a good position. But I would love to see another display tomorrow like we did up in Scum Jose.

We can't get rid of this guy.

Jair Marrufo to officiate Western Conference Finals.

http://www.lagalaxy.com/blog/post/20...hip-vs-seattle

winning is everything here
    i felt the team looked much more confident for the first time all playoff in the San Jose game, they knew they had the game and weren't flustered at all
    if the team can come out like that against seattle, i think our experience and ability carries us through
    LET'S GO GALAXY

I want Magee to bear my children

Quote Originally Posted by aircanada12 View Post
    winning is everything here
    i felt the team looked much more confident for the first time all playoff in the San Jose game, they knew they had the game and weren't flustered at all
    if the team can come out like that against seattle, i think our experience and ability carries us through
    This. I definitely noticed a different vibe from the team. They basically wanted revenge and were focused. They do that tonight and we'll see a decisive win.
    Josh, that's me! (apparently... I like being redundant =P)
    "Just as I thought, the box contains a parallel universe!" - Professor
    Quote Originally Posted by Pox; On my "Nerdy..." thread
    I understand about half of everyone's jargon, but this is still one of my favorite threads.

I'm worried about yellow cards. If omar or beckham get one tonight, they're out against seattle in seattle

that chippen / franklin connection, Its top shelf football. Beautiful to watch.