Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

WCF: LA Galaxy @ Seattle Sounders (11/18)

Western Conference Final
    Seattle Sounders vs LA Galaxy

Sunday, November 18, 2012
    CenturyLink Field
    Kick-off: 6:00 p.m

Ninety minutes separate the LA Galaxy from competing in the MLS Cup Final for the second consecutive year. After an impressive performance in the first leg, the Galaxy will visit the Sounders in game two of the Western Conference Finals with a 3-0 lead.

This past Sunday Robbie Keane and Mike Magee once again led the Galaxy to victory. Just like in the second leg game against San Jose, Robbie Keane had a brace and Magee added another goal. Keane has now scored four goals in the playoffs, while Magee has scored in three of the four playoff games the Galaxy has played this year. Magee’s total is now six goals in the last eight playoff games for LA.

The Galaxy know this series is far from over. Although the Galaxy has a three goal lead, the defending MLS Cup Champions have been outscored 6-0 in their last two visits at CenturyLink Field. The Sounders will likely have Eddie Johnson and Mauro Rosales available from the start, unlike in the first leg. Just like it has been emphasized that the Sounders scored six on LA in their last two meetings in Seattle, it should be noted that the Galaxy have held the Sounders scoreless in their last two encounters. In the Galaxy’s last game of the regular season Magee gave LA a 1-0 victory.

A victory will give the Galaxy their third Western Conference Championship in the last four years. More importantly, LA will have the opportunity to play for the MLS Cup. If Houston (leading DC 3-1) and the Galaxy (leading Seattle 3-0) both advance, a rematch of last year’s MLS Cup will take place at the Home Depot Center on December 1st.

Aggregate:
    LA Galaxy 3-0 Seattle Sounders

Let’s Go LA!
    THIS IS LA!

*Viewing Party Information on ACB's Facebook page under "Events" tab.

“This is two 90-minute games, and we know that,” defender Todd Dunivant said following Sunday's victory. “This is halftime, as they say, and it's a good start, but it's only that. It's a start.”
    - Todd Dunivant

very pleased with the team performance in the first leg
    we have the championship swagger back
    same line up as last time, dominate
    LET'S GO GALAXY

I want Magee to bear my children

I'm still pissed off that the Final will be at 1:30 if played here haha. I just want a result up there! Grind it out, dominate, I dont care! Shit, a draw gets us through.

dominate the match in all fields. Lets add to the destructive path we have paved ourselves and keep the momentum going. I still think the san jose away leg was much more harder than this upcoming match IMO

http://www.lagalaxy.com/blog/post/20...uries-and-more

(correct me if im wrong) never heard him say anything about Wihelmsson this whole interview ahahahahha . From what i understood he is going to play the same line up as sunday.

Of course EJ will start but i wont be threatened by Rosales. He wont be match fit

it will be important that the Galaxy doesn't concede a goal early.

We need the defense to be solid like they've been so far. Having Omar playing the way he's been playing and Meyer stepping up has been crucial. In the previous series Wondo = 0 goals. Now Montero = 700 + minutes without scoring in playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal_Avenger View Post
    Of course EJ will start but i wont be threatened by Rosales. He wont be match fit
    if sigi sends out the same line up as last time, which some sources say he will, then we'd only see EJ for the second half at most. Hopefully by then we'll put this thing out of reach, but a tandem EJ-Montero running at us with goals needing to be scored worries me
    weird line up choice from sigi last game, weird subbing. I guess every coach is entitled to one bad game, but you hire a coach of sigis caliber to win these games, could he be out in seattle after this series if we win it?
    LET'S GO GALAXY

He has brought some silverware to SSFC but nothing significant . If anything we might see Montero leave to the highest bidder this offseason. As far as line up predictions for the LAG i expect the same thing as last match. Lets see what line up Bruce comes out with as he is very unpredictable. Im just tired of the buddle treament

One LA goal will kill any hope that seattle has left.
    What's the difference between a chimichanga, a chalupa, and a tostada? Call me back asap . . . it's urgent.

Quote Originally Posted by miguel View Post
    One LA goal will kill any hope that seattle has left.
    and we're scoring it in the first twelve minutes

YOU HEARD IT HEAR FIRST

Quote Originally Posted by Metal_Avenger View Post
    He has brought some silverware to SSFC but nothing significant . If anything we might see Montero leave to the highest bidder this offseason. As far as line up predictions for the LAG i expect the same thing as last match. Lets see what line up Bruce comes out with as he is very unpredictable. Im just tired of the buddle treament
    after buddle got left out of the 18 last time, i think bruce knows thats not the way to go.
    LET'S GO GALAXY

Buddle did hurt his knee pretty badly in San Jose, so that might not be the case. But a boy can dream, can't he?
    LA Galaxy
    Sheffield Wednesday

LA needs to avoid doing what RSL did in 2011. Yes RSL won on aggregate 3-2, but barely...

You can't go there to play 90 minutes of defense. The good thing is that LA is very dangerous on the break with Landon and Keane, so i really doubt Sounders will keep a clean sheet. They need goals so they will attack, lets hope LA finds the net a few times.

Key things that will help us get to the MLS CUP:

- Good Defensive performance for 90 minutes
    - Avoid anything stupid that would deserve a red card
    - Do not lose composure if they get an early goal.
    - Take advantages of the open spaces they will leave